Eurotherm blues

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jwax

Eurotherm blues

Post by jwax »

Any experienced users of the ergonomically bankrupt Eurotherm PID temperature controllers?
We have a few models that have an instruction manual seemingly written by Klingons in some other galaxy.
I need a copy of "Eurotherm for Dummies", in other words, written for an American.
Anybody got one?
WA2RBA
Edd

Re: Eurotherm blues

Post by Edd »

I initially thought that you were referring to some foreign language to English translation faux paux of a contract supplier, but since that is a Limey based org and in bed with the renown Barber Colman in the US operations. I saw no abnormality in the manuals available at their online support facility…:
http://www.eurotherm.com/products/controllers <p>And on one of their smaller indicator units :
http://www.eurotherm.com/library/produc ... 7239_1.pdf <p>Is your supplied documentation of your specific unit(s) the same as at that factory support literature site ?<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ..….....(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]…......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;) <p>The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket!
jwax

Post by jwax »

Thanks Edd. The architecture of the software, and the mnemonic display differences between the manual and the displayed symbols make for frustrating operation. Guess I'll have to learn the language of the Brits! :(
WA2RBA
Will

Post by Will »

i speak reasonable Brit - send me your manual with a note of the parts you find difficult and I'll translate it for you
BB
Deal

Post by Deal »

Whatever Jwax was searching for in in this request for translations gets lost between the sober replies and darker stupidity. This is an international site and most of us americans would be happy to not be shamed by ignorant xenophobic adolescent politics.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Rgr..Rgr…After initially viewing a manual I felt certain that the quirk was probably the cryptic “shorthand” symbols that they were creating with the 7 seg display for some conditions and info.
Seems like one facilitation might be the copying of freq used symbols to a physically small condensed reference sheet for at hand consultation to preclude shifting back and forth within the manuals pages for authentication.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ..….....(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]…......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;) <p>Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to lump it out in a Porsche Carrera than in a Hyundai.<p>[ May 23, 2005: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
Will

Post by Will »

MOST OF US AMERICANS (Initial 'a' in lower case) Who does this guy think are 'most' americans as being allied to his point of view and how does he get to denote this site as an international one after 17 posts. I think most of US americans, and I refer to those who contribute regularly to this forum, would prefer that Deal went to another forum to disseminate his nastiness ?
BB
jwax

Post by jwax »

Correct Edd. They take considerable license with a standard 7 segment numeric display to coax it into displaying alpha characters.
Suffice to say it is an experience to learn how to use the bloody things, and I was hoping some of the contributors here may have already gone through the learning curve.
Thanks Will, and I wish the nastiness farewell also! ;)
WA2RBA