Past issues of Radio Electronics, etc., available

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
scannit

Past issues of Radio Electronics, etc., available

Post by scannit »

I've been cleaning out some of my boxes in my basement and I realized I have accumulated an archive of Radio Electronics, Electronics Now and Poptronics from 1984 until 2002. Many are complete years, a few have 1 month missing, a couple are sparatic months. I'm planning on putting them on eBay, but I'd figure I'd give the electronics comminity first dibs.. One thing, I'm not sure if N-V allows the selling of personel items on their BB, I couldn't find any reference in the FAQs. Could someone respond with N-Vs policy on selling personal items?
I plan on selling them by each year. $6.00 for a full year ($.50 each mag) plus $5 S&H..
If N-V allows it, I'll post my inventory...
If not, look for me on eBay..<p>Regards..
Scannit
Dean Huster

Re: Past issues of Radio Electronics, etc., available

Post by Dean Huster »

Some of the forums have special categories just "for the buying and selling of electronic equipment" .... hey, that phrase used to be on the front cover of every issue of Nuts & Volts when it was primarily a classified ad publication.<p>I don't see the problem with listing back issues of magazines, but it can get messy if it becomes a common practice to list things for sale -- kinda gets in the way of the discussions. However, you may do better to sell them on ebay. I can remember the January & February 1974 issues of Popular Electronics commonly going for $100+ on ebay a few years ago, but don't expect that with your load. Those 1974 issues introduced the MITS Altair microcomputer.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
qazwsxedcrfv

Re: Past issues of Radio Electronics, etc., available

Post by qazwsxedcrfv »

Hi,<p>I'm looking to buy any "Electronic Experimenter's Handbook" magazines. These where published twice a year by PE (Popular Electronics) between the 60's, 70's and 80's.<p>If anybody has some of these laying on the shelf collecting dust, no longer need them, and are looking for a new home to care for them, please contact me at <[email protected]>.<p>I'm specially interested in any EEH's published in the "small format" that was used up to (I think) 1975-78 or so.<p>Thanks.<p>Alex