Looking for electronic components

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
qdgjcl

Looking for electronic components

Post by qdgjcl »

I’m looking for some electronic components that are mounted on pieces of plastic, and the leads are soldered to posts. The components snap onto a board and then you can hook wires up to the posts to build a circuit. Hickok made the system I saw, but they do not make them anymore. I believe that there is similar product called Erectronics. Does anyone know anything about these, or any place that sells used electronic educational equipment? <p>Thanks for any help,
Brad
motwnbro

Re: Looking for electronic components

Post by motwnbro »

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/compl ... /sc300.htm<p>try this site. it may be 2 toy like.
russlk

Post by russlk »

How about the solderless breadboard socket from Radio Shack, or the multipurpose PC board?
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

look in the N&V magazine... march issue page 55
lower left corner...thats a kind of,,,maybe what you want ?<p>lenco snap circuits...<p>good luck..
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

This sounds like an educational kit that I saw over 40 years ago. The components were mounted on plastic carriers that were plugged into a piece of perfboard. Connections were made by jumper wires with u-shaped clips on each end. I haven't seen it since. I believe that Heathkit made a series of training kits for the industrial market that used a similar method. In this case, the resistors and capacitors had similar clips soldered to thier leads with the major components mounted on a chassis, This was about 30 years ago.<p>Most of the Radio Shack type of lab kit use coil springs as connectors with the components mounted on a large piece of cardboard or plastic. Connections are made with wires with tinned ends. This is obviously much cheaper.<p>Some of the German-made electronics kits may use a similar scheme to what you are describing. I saw some of these in Toys 'r Us a few years ago. I don't remember the exact details, but they seemed to be more elaborate than the Radio Shack method.
Shing

Post by Shing »

I used Feedback (http://www.fbk.com/) Teknikit Consoles in college and they kind of match what you are describing. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for but it's worth a look.<p>Regards,
Wai Shing
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Quasar electronics also have somehting similar to what you want. looks like a revamped Philips electronics kits. Anyone remember those from the late 60's to mid 70's?<p>
www.quasar-electronics.co.uk
On a clear disk you can seek forever.