Voice Recognition

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
greg123

Voice Recognition

Post by greg123 »

Hey hey,<p>Any body know of any voice recognition chips or software? How hard is it to implement these? Do they just output binary numbers? or do tey need to be connected to a pc with software??<p>[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: theman ]</p>
Chris Smith

Re: Voice Recognition

Post by Chris Smith »

"Dragon",... "Talk to" and others, use a computer and even type the sponken words after placing them in the word processor. The program must be trained for each voice, and then can recognise your voice after much class.
greg123

Post by greg123 »

lets say i want to command a rc car by voice??<p>is that wasy?
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

No thats a lot of work, making interfacing to a RC module out the back of a computer. It could be done.
bobsRAC

Post by bobsRAC »

I'm believe that most of the successful voice recognition software uses a time-domain analysis.<p>For an example of a cheap boars that recognizes a few commands, goto...<p>SensoryInc.com
ericcarson

Post by ericcarson »

I do beleive that WindowsXP has built in voice recognition. I guess you could use that somehow?
CraigGardner

Post by CraigGardner »

Check out http://www.sensoryinc.com/ they sell chips that do voice recognition.<p>Craig
gadgeteer

Post by gadgeteer »

Radio SHack had a voice-recognition chip ten years or more ago, speaker independent. Only had commands like "stop", "go", "turn left", "right turn", etc. I bought two of the chips. Know anyone with real old RS stock???
chessman

Post by chessman »

Jameco has some voice recognition kits. I believe Radio shack might still have one....<p>For the RC interface you could tap into the pot connections on an existing radio.