EMF from electric blanket?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Bob Haller

Re: EMF from electric blanket?

Post by Bob Haller »

About 5 or 6 years agp EMF became a issue and current blankets are lower and supposedly safe.<p>I have a friend he believes one day everything electrical will be in conduit to prevent such exposure which might be a cause of cancer.<p>Just like homes have asbestos removal they will get all their electrical wiring replaced and everything will be shielded.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

I think it would be pretty hard to get the phase more opposite than can be gotten by running the outgoing and return wires next to each other. But the capacitor could definitely smooth out any high frequency spikes which may be more injurous and would tend to be out of phase a little. But I am more concerned about what if any toxic flame retardants they use or dangers like asbestos, which they hopefully don't use anymore if they ever did.
myp71

Post by myp71 »

Check out february edition of N&V.
Amazing how this works! :eek:
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

Some light reading I picked up a couple summers ago informed me that some buildings were wired with the hot and neutral wires yards apart. Romex type wire manages that issue pretty well.<p>I still have a beef with suspended HT lines though. If enough people were willing to shell out a few extra dollars (probably no samll few either) then putting these menaces into buried conduits may become a reality.<p>As for asbestos, even after awareness came about there was at least one company that still used it because it was a variant that the tests of the time didn't register. That's what's in a house I'm trying to but.
Mark01

Post by Mark01 »

What about cat5 cable and EMF ? Is there EMF from computer network cables
Mark
BoiseRC.com
BoiseRobotics.com
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

Category 5 cable consists of four unshielded twisted pairs. When used to transmit data, thes may have broadband signals spanning over 100 MHz. The radiation would have to be low enough that FM and television receivers are not being interfered with, otherwise they would be subject to FCC regulation. In addition, the pairs are often used to transmit data in both directions. This means that the radiation from one pair does not induce a significant voltage in one of the other pairs, even though they are in close proximity for tens of meters.
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

You could make a blanket with flatpipe throughout it and run heated water through it although getting flatpipe to bend like that would be impossible you might use a section of hose along the sides and make a grid of sorts..<p> It would still be heavy and annoying<p>
But it can't wreck your life like a wife<p>
Plus if you had a compressor you could run cold liquid through it, although you'd need refrigerant
Actually if you use R12 or some shit like that, you could have a heater AND cooler.<p>PS: Some car maker STOLE my IDEA for AIR CONDITIONED SEATS
*I am mad*
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by L. Daniel Rosa:

I still have a beef with suspended HT lines though. If enough people were willing to shell out a few extra dollars (probably no samll few either) then putting these menaces into buried conduits may become a reality.<p>
<hr></blockquote><p>strangely enough out here in Queensland, the popular (mis)conception is that underground HV wiring gives off more nasties (they don't know what it gives off, just that it must be nasty) than the overhead wiring.<p>Coming from the populated parts of the UK, I can't get used to overhead mains.<p>Still I am living in a State who can't put the clocks forward in Summer, due to -<p>The extra sunlight will fade the curtains.
The cows won't know when to be milked.<p>AND THE MOST RECENT IDEA (from the school teachers union body)<p>The extra sunlight will confuse the schoolchildren, who will become distracted with too much sun and will be unable to concentrate on their schoolwork! :confused:
Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
keymaker

Post by keymaker »

If you think that's bad try living in Kansas USA<p>
People here wouldn't give you 60 cents for 8 dollars<p>
There are 3 kinds of people here
Dumb, Stupid, and Me