Electronix Express

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
i_myself_matthew

Electronix Express

Post by i_myself_matthew »

I would like to know what everyone's experience with Electronix Express. Good, bad, tips, anything. The reason I ask is because there appears to be little recent information about this company, which makes me uneasy ordering from them.<p>Electronix Express website<p>Thanks a lot<p>[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: i_myself_matthew ]</p>
Madness has a toll. Please have exact change ready.
Dean Huster

Re: Electronix Express

Post by Dean Huster »

I've done nothing with them in the past several years, but have placed orders in the more remote past and had no trouble. My suggestion is to work a small order that won't break the bank first and see how things work out.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
richfloe

Re: Electronix Express

Post by richfloe »

The following opinion is my own and does not represent that of my company. Opinions are like noses, everybody has one, here is mine:<p>I can't understand the word "Express" in their name. It usually takes them several days (or so) to even get around to pulling the order. I usually receive the stuff in two weeks.<p>They have cancelled backordered items and not told me (twice!) on substantial orders. The different people there apparently have no idea what the other people are doing.<p>There is one item that I buy in quantity from them for a product at work. Nobody else can come close to the price or I would be giving the business to someone else who treated me in the manner I deserve. If it were not for this one item, I would have thrown out their catalog two years ago when they cancelled an order that I really needed and didn't tell me.<p>Chances are, if they have the item in stock (be sure to ask them this when you order), you will receive it in 1-2 weeks. I have not had any problems with them billing to a credit card.<p>Rich