heating controls

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ericdickie

heating controls

Post by ericdickie »

Hello - I'm sure this has been covered many times before, but I'm having trouble finding it. I'd like to be able to hit a button as I leave my home and have it go into an "unoccupied" mode - heat turned down, etc. Then, a couple of hours before returning, I'd like to be able to phone or go on-line, and trigger the temp back up. Monitoring would also be desirable. Could someone tell me the easiest and cheapest way to do this.<p>Thanks so much
EricD
mojorizing

Re: heating controls

Post by mojorizing »

How about this gadget?<p>internet enabled thermostat<p>or are you interested in something you have to design and construct?<p>This gentleman did something similar for his security system.....adapting it to a smart thermostat would be a good project.<p>project<p>[ October 25, 2004: Message edited by: mojorizing ]</p>
jwax

Post by jwax »

WA2RBA
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

They make fully programable thermostats these days to do what you want. Most,... you simply program in time parameters and it does the rest, others are coupled to computers or phone lines to also do what you ask.<p> Any heating company should be able to fill your needs with a thermostat to do your thing.