pic with tx/rx

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
catcher

pic with tx/rx

Post by catcher »

Hello All. I really enjoy reading and learning from this forum. I am working on a wireless thermometer. I want to have the sensor in the swimming pool. A Lm35dz connected to a pic and then to a transmitt module. I would like to send this data inside the house to a reciever module connected to a pic and an LCD. Does anyone know of a transmitter and reciever circuit that can be used in this manner. I have the rest of the circuit pretty much figured out. This is just a learning project on how to transmit data.
Thanks for any help.
bodgy

Re: pic with tx/rx

Post by bodgy »

In this instance, you really need to know whose or what transmitter/receiver modules you are going to use.<p>I think Rentron may have some code up and I believe that some of the RF module makers have some algorithms in their application notes.<p>For some all you have to do is use the Pics Uart (if it has one) as normal - with another pin free to direct Rx/Tx. Do you need full duplex (both ways at the same time) or half duplex or simplex (one way only)?<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
catcher

Post by catcher »

Thanks, I only need simplex transmission. Can you give me some places to look for some rf modules that are reasonable for this application? I am going to use a 16f877 pic.
perthcom

Post by perthcom »

Hi
I picked up a really cool clock/thermometer that I use. The clock picks up the time signal from WWV so its accurate to the second.<p>But it also can handle 3 RF remote sensors. The remote sensors have a LCD display and the temp probe is on a wire so you can thermally attach the probe to get an accurate temperature. I put one on my hot tub by attaching the probe to the ground contact on the pump piping.<p>So I have one remote outside, one on the hot tub and one in the wine cellar.<p>Their site is www.chaneyinstrument.com. <p>I can't find my exact model, but this one is close: http://www.klockit.com/product.asp?sku= ... 3023110483<p> :cool:
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by catcher:
Thanks, I only need simplex transmission. Can you give me some places to look for some rf modules that are reasonable for this application? I am going to use a 16f877 pic.<hr></blockquote><p>Well there is
Rentron, <p>Parallax may do some <p>Parallax,<p>Abacom,<p>Lemos, <p>the manufacturer of the modules <p>Radiometrix.<p>There are other companies, a google search will bring them up.<p>Colin<p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: bodgy ]</p>
On a clear disk you can seek forever.