Wireless Controler

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Jayclark

Wireless Controler

Post by Jayclark »

I am doing a project for my girlfrinds mom.<p>For Christmas terry got mom a cane. The cane has a removable handle and a clear plastic body, so you can fill it with stuff.<p>I told terry that what was needed was a wireless controller that would turn on a bunch of flashing red lights in the cane to make it into a BS detector for Mom. (Mom spends way too much time playing the slots over at the 7-11 here in Vegas).<p>So now I have to design and build this this project or, as terry sez, ELSE.... <sigh> someday I will learn to keep my ideas to myself<p>Most of it is no problem, but I do not want to drill out the tubing for wires, so am looking for a wireless remote controler that I can use to turn the lights on and off. Single control function is fine, more might be better, low cost is very important.<p>Can anyone point me at a supplier for the wireless controler transmitter and reciever units ?<p>Jay Clark
[email protected]
Dave Dixon

Re: Wireless Controler

Post by Dave Dixon »

Here's a simple idea. How about arranging it
so that the handle has to be screwed on tight
to complete the circuit. Just like some flashlights
operate. Low tech, but cheap and easy!
Have fun - "or else"!!!
Dave
Or do YOU want the remote to drive her nuts by turning it on/off???
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

RF key ring transmitter with receiver inside cane, or magnetic switch inside cane (magnet outside turns on the cane.
Dale Y
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Those tiny race cars have 4 channel remote recievers and run on very low voltage. You may need to buffer the reciever output with a transistor since the lights probably use more current than the origonal load of the motor. The transmitters tend to be rather large though.<p>I like Dale's idea of a non-contact magnetic switch.