High Intensity light weight strobe unit

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Mr. Glen

High Intensity light weight strobe unit

Post by Mr. Glen »

I am looking for a high output compact strobe unit for mid-power model rocket project. Can anyone direct me to a schematic or an assembled unit? For day time tracking and night launch navigational lighting. The unit has to be small enough to fit inside a 40mm tube.
russlk

Re: High Intensity light weight strobe unit

Post by russlk »

Radio Shack has a strobe tube and trigger transformer which are small enuf to meet ur needs. I think the transformer comes with a schematic. Part numbers: 272-1145, 900-8751.
Donald S. Lambert

Re: High Intensity light weight strobe unit

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

I don't know just what you are looking for but a once use camera with flash comes with a working strobe of flash unit. If yo uare lucky you can get one or more at some of the one hour photofinishers. Be easy to strip off the camera part and rig a way to flash it as a strobe. If the frequency of the flashes isn't too fat then the flash will not overheat.<p>Try Http://an.hitchcock.org/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_strbfaq.html<p>and
http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/sam/strbfaq.htm<p>Those two sites together will give you a full notebook full of printouts on the disposalable cameras and how to hack them. HTH Greybie