Tell me what it is where to ge one

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
NEO-Tech

Tell me what it is where to ge one

Post by NEO-Tech »

I have a Digital Thermometer (DT52)from Universal Enterprises and found this floating around the inside, about the time it stopped working.<p>it is marked...
MHz
H.S.C.<p>Any help in with ID and where to get one would be appreciated.<p>I took a photo but don't know how to ad to this email.
Phill
unknown_entity

Re: Tell me what it is where to ge one

Post by unknown_entity »

if it is in a little metal can it's probably a crystal. And you can get them from any decent retailer try digi-key.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Philll:
Looks like U found the timebase element for Ur
U/P electronics....a quartz crystal....so naturally U wud not expect it work without a " heartbeat" .We cud expect the instrument to have received a sharp blow/drop. I'm expecting it to be in a rounded can casing ~1/2 sq by ~1/8 thick or some configurations are compressed on the case height to !~1/4 high.<p>If the xtzl element inside hasn't jarred loose/
fractured AND you still have lead lengths on it
available.....due to its coming loose due to
poor solder joints on it...try resoldering it back into its circuit.
You shud find two micro holes in the solder connection where it came out and it shud be in
close prox to a microprocessor.....many pinned
I.C. . Its installation polarity is irrelevant.
If not so lucky U'll hav to get another xtal from Digi- key, etc
743's de EDD<p>[email protected]( Interstellar~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected] (Firewalled*Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
NEO-Tech

Post by NEO-Tech »

Thanks for the quick reply men. I will use my Digi-Key catalog and get a new one.
Phill
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

Is it the Vicodin, or is it Ed' grammer I'm reading of about it in this here posting here??
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
Edd

Post by Edd »

Well .....no_vice...fm....a little_vice:
What you are seeing is a throwback to many past years of copying hiiiiiigghh speed Morse code, which is easily mentally fathomable with practice, but sometimes a hard copy of the info is needed. If a pen or pencil is involved,
that is one challenge to keep up with and not drop manual copy. Using a phonetic shorthand certainly helps in both transmission and receiving brevity. This assuredly eases manual longhand copying , as well as cutting keystrokes when typing. As well, it also should present no trouble to the uninitiated in reading ....as compared to the common layman trying to interpret...say.... a stenographer's Gregg shorthand.
And there you have.........the rest of the story.<p> 73's de Edd
[email protected] (Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~~~Speed)
[email protected] (Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)<p> ;)<p>[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>