Test Equipment

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ellesurplus

Test Equipment

Post by ellesurplus »

I have a friend that recently passed away. I am trying to sell his test equipment (mostly HP stuff). Any good ideas? I have made a spreadsheet and I am willing to send it to anyone who is interested. Thanks, [email protected]
haklesup

Re: Test Equipment

Post by haklesup »

Psosting like you have in forums like this one or general newsgroups like sci.electronics.equipment (use your outlook program to access these) will likly generate some direct interest but you will still have the difficulty of determining a fair price.<p>I have been selling testers on eBay of a few months now and find that there are plenty of bidders for useful equipment (no 1960's o-scopes plaese)You will get a fair price and sell it within a week. If when you setup your auction, you simultaniously post a link and short description on some of the relevant newsgroups (not forums), you can dramatically increase your exposure and increase your chances of getting a good price.<p>Before you list your auction look for similar items and track their selling price so you can have some idea of what to expect