chip resistor?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
helgrind

chip resistor?

Post by helgrind »

where can i get those little 'chip' resistors ?
Edd

Re: chip resistor?

Post by Edd »

TRY THIS ONE........go to this site:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/US/DKSUS ... wordSearch <p>Go down to resistors..... then chip. Several manuf's of them; but not too many other suppliers geared to small quan purchases!<p>73's de Edd <p>[email protected] (Interstellar~~~~~Warp~~~~~Speed)
[email protected](Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs) <p> ;)
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Or with the way the A$ is to the US$ have a look at www.rockby.com.au all surplus but a very good price in 10's for some.<p>Also normal retail www.jaycar.com.au in 10's not a big choice. However including the postage it could actually work out cheaper than Digikey.<p>
bodgy
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
Donald S. Lambert

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

Just what is a chip resistor? I have some resistors that were originally used on disk drives as terminator resistors. They are dual in line chips, and I think there were 8 resistors in each (16 pins - 8 on each side.) I believe that the resistance is 300 ohms or thereabouts. I have no use for them and they are available. I would need an email address to let you know how many and the exact resistance. I think I have between 8 and 12 of them of different manufacturers. Greybie
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Well I thought he was thinking about SMD devices 1206/0805/0603 etc.<p>OTOH if he is talking about SIL/DIL resister arrays then I would think most proper suppliers would have them.<p>Sorry I tend not to think of Tandy/Radio Shack as proper component suppliers.<p>bodgy
On a clear disk you can seek forever.