Here's How to Solve Our money Problems!

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
rionredinger

Here's How to Solve Our money Problems!

Post by rionredinger »

Check this out guys!
Read and pass on.
Agree or not agree post replies here.<p>
http://freedomsfree.info<p>Thank You!!
rionredinger

Re: Here's How to Solve Our money Problems!

Post by rionredinger »

Additional Information in Book Format available by mail at:
Roy Walsh
4403 North Hwy 20
Watertown SD 57201<p>or email snail mail address to:<p>[email protected]<p>[email protected]
Bernius1

Post by Bernius1 »

I READ A LITTLE. SEEMS TOO IDEALISTIC. THE MAIN GOALS OF OUR SOCIETY SHOULD BE TORT REFORM AND DISESTABLISHMENT OF THE PUBLIC EDUCATION MONOPOLY. THESE ARE THE ROOTS TO 95% OF AMERICA'S PRESENT PROBLEMS.
Can't we end all posts with a comical quip?
jonjonr6

Post by jonjonr6 »

I read some of it, but not all. Several things stuck out to me that I did not agree with.
He said, "let man rule man, not money".
He very much suggests that money is basically the root of the problems.
This isn't exactly true by the way I see it.<p>I think the problem is that people want to feel better than others, special, above others, more powerful than others, or feel they deserve more or better than others. This is why man needs money, to rule other men. Men have been doing this to each other since the beginning of time, trying to rule or be better than the next guy. Which is why you probably don't live in an improvrished community. You work hard, have put effort in to having nice things, maybe got an education so you can have nice things, but why do you need those things? Why is the standard of living so high? You didn't need money, and education, or a great job if you were fine with living in a crappy apartment, driving an crappy car, etc.
And those few who really don't need much feel the ripples, because there are too many people who will take advantage of them, or harm them, even enslave them. It only takes one bad egg to spoil the carton.
Just some thoughts... not to stir debate.
Will

Post by Will »

I read a little of the first section too! It's idealistic trash and does not work. It's been tried often enough without working and we should all know that it will not work because it never did in Russia (Except to impowerish the ordinary people) and it didn't work in China until they (The communist leaders) realised that if they did not try some Western ways then the younger people would soon put them out of jobs.
The reason this country has an essentially higher standard of living than most other countries is because of money and business. It is not wise to interfere with the production of wealth - the real object should be to ensure that we all get our fair share of it. Anyone who thinks we shouldn't own our material possessions could easily go somewhere where only the chosen few have them i.e. in either of the two aforementioned countries.
I don't really think this sort of discussion has any place on this medium - I thought our common interest was electronics and technology.
BB
Chris Foley

Post by Chris Foley »

I'll second Will's opinion on this post, especially the part about being off-topic. This is not a newsgroup, and we don't need or want filters.<p>The author of the post should go to<p>Google alt.politics.economics newsgroup<p>where his opinions will be right at home.<p>[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Foley ]</p>
Jason7230

Post by Jason7230 »

More idealism is what this sick world needs.
The very foundation of the True American Republic
is based on idealism.<p>
;)
josmith

Post by josmith »

oh boy i want to be first in line for my free aircar
but gas is free so mayby i'll get an H2
or a Lambo
since speeding tickets are free also
and i won't have to go to work since everyting is free
neither will the people who make Lambo's H2's and gasoline
OOPS!
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Okay, I'll feed the TROLLS. <p>Try watching the Laurel and Hardy movie UTOPIA.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

Ok people I like hearing your responses. However this site is not my work it is a friends work and he asked me to try to get some response from the general public. Do you know what I charged him for this? Nothing, Nada, zip, zero, none, I gave him my time and my service, he didn't pay with anything and I didn't lose anything. I do not agree with everything that he has said in his book, but at least you ar thinking about it now. Now here is what I think we should do as a society.<p>Do you have time to go out and enjoy the lake or watch your children grow up? Do you have time for ALL the leisure activities that you want to do? Or are you like me and have no time for that because you work 40+ hours a week just to support your family? Do you drive nice vehicles? Do you have everything you ever wanted? If you should have all of the things that you could ever want then you are rich. Not necessarily wealthy but rich, there is a difference there, rich means satisfied, happy, joyful; wealthy means you have lots of money, you can afford lavish items, and you make others jealous for what you have. I am not wealthy but I am rich because I am satisfied with what I have, I have what I need to be pleasently sitting in a modest home with a modest family and I never have to dress up for anything, I also don't have cameras watching over my every move. I don't have to worry about thieves and robbers cause I don't have anything that has extensive retail value. Well I thank you for your time and responses, keep thinking about it though.
Thanks,
Rion
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

Will,<p>Does this not have something to do with science and technology? Wouldn't it be great if we could have full access to all of our current technology right now and not have to pay to get it? Would making technology free slow the advanceing of technology? Or would it speed it up, making more people knowlegeable in the world of science and technology, and creating a better more efficiant mode of transportation, would this not be related to science and technology? After all two heads are better than one. Science and technology is actually the advancement of humanity, so lets work together to advance humanity, Give a piece of yourself to the united cause for the advancement of humanity. Help out wherever you can enable the young children to go to school and learn what they want to learn, so that they can grow up and assist you when you are 80 years old and you need their help. Thanks for listening.
Rion
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

It’s nothing short of government sponsored idol worship and terrorism. It’s the devil’s crutch!
Let’s cast her off, rip it out by the roots and let her poison us no more.
Let us at last strip off the last vestiges of slavery.
Let common law and common sense rein supreme here in the land of the free.
Money is not law, nor is law money.
It’s nothing short of government sponsored idol worship and terrorism.<p>I think there are a couple of weird people out there.. and all of that is irrellevant in this forum..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
Will

Post by Will »

I see that the pinkos are back - I thought this dreaded thread was deaded ! John! - can't we refuse this sort of post ?
R - If you need to push your friends case to the general public then why don't you find such a forum and keep yopur idealistic, impracticable trash away from this one so that the rest of us can enjoy the subjects in which we have mutual interest. If you didn't pay your friend anything for 'the service' then he got his for more than it's worth and you were overpaid for yours. If your friend was willing to pay something substantial for the service then perhaps he would go to a source where the spelling was better than yours (PleasEntly, advancEing his knowle(d)geable case ?)
If you are so satisfied with your lot then why don't you just keep quiet about it and leave the rest of us to enjoy our bulletin board ?
As for science and technology being free (More idealistic trash) If the inventors and potential users of integrated circuits hadn't been/got paid do you suppose we might still be reading your shaky theories ?
As for your compadre, according to who " the very foundation of the true American Republic is based on idealism " - The majority of the founding fathers and early politicians were successful and wealthy business men, shipowners, lawyers and (Slave owning) plantation owners.
BB
Chris Foley

Post by Chris Foley »

There are a finite but very large and growing number of newsgroups which cover these issues, and provide a forum for people who feel strongly about issues to have a chance to speak out.<p>Tux -- this is a special interest bulletin board, not a newsgroup. Whether we agree with you or not, you have to understand that courtesy requires you to express your opinions in appropriate places.<p>If you need help with the newsgroup concept, or have questions about how to use them, here's a reference to get you started.<p>Newsgroup Tutorial<p>You need to lighten up and understand that it's quite possible many people here do agree with you -- the point is you're in the wrong place to express these opinions. My employer strongly discourages political discussions at the workplace for the same reasons -- it's just not the place, and it gets in the way of what we're supposed to be doing. This BB is OK, you're OK, we're all OK. OK?<p>[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Foley ]</p>
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

Thanks Chris but I just wanted to know how the people in these forums would react to such a thought.<p>And to you who dissed my spelling look at your own spelling before complaining about mine!!<p>And if you want this thread dead then respond with a short message saying so.<p>Now for a short poll to see if my theory is right.<p>answer this with just a number nothing else.<p>How old are you?