sound transfer

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Mike

sound transfer

Post by Mike »

Heres what I need to do:
I have a computer in one room, and would like to be able to listen to it through any stereo reciever in the house, or outside. I would like to avoid FM transmitters, and would prefer a wireless link, for longer range, ease (no coil) and to prevent static or interference. It needs to have a transmitter that plugs into the computer's audio out, and recievers that can be plugged into any stereo's rca input plugs. I don't care if it is mono, but would prefer stereo. I need this to be simple, and the amount of recievers around the house to be unlimited. If possible, I would like to be able to have each reciever to have a track change button that when pressed, the remote computer would change tracks. It could be through serial, parallel, or usb, whichever is simpler. If that would be hard, then forget it. Does anybody know how to accmomplish my goal simply and possibly with wireless ics from National, since I can get free samples? <p>Thanks, Mike
Stevereno

Re: sound transfer

Post by Stevereno »

Check out these links. Unless you're determined to build your own, pre-made units that will do what you want are somewhat economical.<p>2.4GHz Wireless Audio<p>Wireless Audio/Video Sender<p>Wireless AV Transmitter<p>Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter
Mike

Re: sound transfer

Post by Mike »

I really do want to build my own, thats the point of having electronics as a hobby. What it can do is run on 900mhz or 2.4ghz lines, like the phone, but all I need it to do is send audio, and, if simple, control the computer by allowing it to have 2 track change buttons.