Diode data tables

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Donald S. Lambert

Diode data tables

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

Where do I find a book of Diode data tables. I have searched this site and google and found nothing. Greybie
Chris Smith

Re: Diode data tables

Post by Chris Smith »

NTE and ECG have free cross ref books.
I have found in the past, this is enough?
Robert Reed

Post by Robert Reed »

Greybie
Not sure what a data table is, but if you mean data books,forget it. Almost any thing manufacturers can put on the web these days is out of print. This is why I cherish my Motorola library of data books from the 80's.
However all this information can be downloaded from the Manufactures site. To begin-try www.onsemi.com
They have over 10 Mbytes of PDF down load which should contain more info than you want to know.BTW if you do happen to come across data manuals that you can actually hold in your hand, I would love to hear about it.
rshayes

Post by rshayes »

The best one that I know of was the Fairchild Transistor and Diode Data book. This was published in a hardbound form about 1969, 1970, and possibly a little later. It was eventually superceded by smaller paperback versions with less complete data sheets.<p>The most extensive tabulation was probably the D.A.T.A. series of books. One of them was devoted to diodes. These were issued annually, and were originally quite expensive (several hundred dollars for a complete set). They may be available in the used book market at more reasonable prices.<p>Other than that, you probably have to download individual data sheets from manufacturers web sites. The On Semiconductor web site (www.onsemi.com) has downloadable data books for rectifier diodes and zener diodes, as well as individual data sheets.