data i/o 201 EPROM Programmer

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
wd5gnr

data i/o 201 EPROM Programmer

Post by wd5gnr »

Anyone have any documentation for this old EPROM programmer? I get a fail code 95 when it powers up and have no idea what that means. The CPU is obviously working since the LCD drives OK. The power supply board is ok disconnected, but the 5 and 5.5V supplies drop about 1/2 volt when connected to the main board. I have a feeling one of the drive transistors is shorted, but it would sure be nice if that 95 would narrow it down to just a few transistors.<p>And yes, I have another EPROM programmer, and yes, I know this one is old, and yes, I'd still like to fix it if possible (oh, and yes, I know the folks on the East coast will fix it for $500, but I don't want it fixed that badly).<p>Thanks!<p>Al Williams
Dave Dixon

Re: data i/o 201 EPROM Programmer

Post by Dave Dixon »

This is probably a stupid question... did you
check out their FTP site? It has a lot of info,
I didn't have time to look for your manual though.
Data IO's FTP site
I did find one at manuals plus for $25.
manualsplus dot com.
Good luck,
Dave
wd5gnr

Re: data i/o 201 EPROM Programmer

Post by wd5gnr »

Yeah, this is one that has been obsoleted and they don't support it at all, which means they pull the documents and everything as far as I know. They "sold off" all the old stuff to one of their old sales managers and they will sell you the users manual (but don't know if it discussess error codes; I know how to use it). A service manual would be great.