Caller ID Privacy Manager

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
techie2

Re: Caller ID Privacy Manager

Post by techie2 »

John Brown
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>
Indeed. I believe the modulation scheme is slightly different as well. <hr></blockquote><p>In the U.S. we use the Bell 202 scheme/standard.
Logical 1 (mark) = 1200 HZ
Logical 0 (space) = 2200 HZ<p>I think in the UK you may be using the V.23 scheme.
Logical 1 (mark) = 1300 HZ
Logical 0 (space) = 2100 HZ<p>This info is on Holtek's web site if you look up the HT9032 and read the specs.
Matter of fact, I'm glad I went looking.. Another possible CLID chip to use!<p>[ August 17, 2005: Message edited by: techie2 ]</p>
techie2

Post by techie2 »

jimandy <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>
I would not use an analog (as in 555 time with a pot) to measure the delay but I would use the MPU to count cycles or whatever. In the case of a Stamp, call an instruction with a time parameter which basically does the same thing. <hr></blockquote><p>Good choice.. I don't know where my mind was. Since you have a set-up using a stamp (?) for you processing anyway, just add the needed code. Way better! :p
VIRAND

Post by VIRAND »

At the bottom of a heap somewhere I have a device and SOURCE from 2000, using PIC16C84 and 8220P CID-modem chip, if someone is REALLY interested. <p>My device displayed the CID stream and either prevented ringing or made a buzz if the call
was "unidentified", as were all telemarketers
that bugged me in 2000.<p>The DNC registry was so effective that I haven't heard from TM's that formerly drove me nuts and
I put the device on the heap and forgot about it.