Source for lighted push button or rocker switches

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Ramdude

Source for lighted push button or rocker switches

Post by Ramdude »

I have been looking for a source that can provide a 12v lighted push on push off -or- rocker switch.<p>A DPST that would use 12v for the lighted portion and have a terminal that would switch to ground when on.<p>So far anything I have found switches to power and not ground. A round hole mounting would be a plus...any ideas?
dacflyer

Re: Source for lighted push button or rocker switches

Post by dacflyer »

i got 2-3 of them , red square lighted..bout 3/4 - 1" i think.. has 6 terminals on them...2 of the switches are on a small panel with fuze holders
contact me...i'll be like Monty Hall to ya...
*old tv game show of the 60's-70's*
* LETS MAKE A DEAL *
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

Check Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allied and maybe Jameco.
Dale Y
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

Radio Shack has two 12V lighted switches. One is a flip switch toggle. It is rated at 12V, 20Amps, catalog #275-706 for $2.99. The second is a rocker style switch, 12V, 30Amp, catalog #275-712.<p>There are rocker and push button switches in the automotive section of most department stores that carry automotive equipment. Look for the off road lighting equipment. Plus any chain automotive store (Autozone, PEP Boys, etc.) should carry these as well.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
Ramdude

Post by Ramdude »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dacflyer:
i got 2-3 of them, LETS MAKE A DEAL<hr></blockquote>
I would take you up on that one but I think I will need many more if my project is successful.
Thanks for the offer<p> ;)
Ramdude

Post by Ramdude »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jolly Roger:
The second is a rocker style switch, 12V, 30Amp, catalog #275-712.<hr></blockquote>Thanks, the 275-712 would be perfect if the center terminal switched to ground rather than power like it does.<p>It mounts in a round hole which makes mounting a snap...kinda hard to drill a square hole for most rockers.
Ramdude

Post by Ramdude »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dale Y:
Check Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allied and maybe Jameco.<hr></blockquote>
Thanks Dale, I am searching those places you suggested, haven't found one yet and may resort to calling those companies...getting closer!
Ramdude

Post by Ramdude »

Whew! Tall order on that application...<p>DPST rated for 12v plus illuminated really narrows the field. So far looks like a rectangle rocker is my only option.<p>Drilling a round hole would have been more easy. :roll:
Edd

Post by Edd »

AND an expensive order….also…..if you look at some of the typical $24 per copy cost of the illum, PB and round hole mounts. Would you consider widening the available switch selection spectrum by providing your own illumination. Two options, one by just drilling an~1/4 in hole just barely above the mounted switch and incorporate the common black plastic snap in bezel ring with its internal LED indicator with a series C/L res to DC power and one section of the switch. Option two: Cut a Lucite plastic ring(washer) of 1/4 in thick stock so as to encircle your switch’s round shaft. This time a hi intensity LED is used in the same manner except it is extending inside a hole partially drilled into the panel side of the Lucite disc .
The end result is the whole disc also glowing….particularly at the outer periphery of the disc if it is chamfered to 45 degrees and brought to a clear matte finish using 600 Wet n’ Dry.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] .........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected].........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;)<p>[ May 21, 2004: Message edited by: Edd Whatley ]</p>
Ramdude

Post by Ramdude »

Hi Edd,
Those are a couple of neat ideas there, thanks!
What I have regrouped to is using a standardized inexpensive Illuminated 3 pole switch in conjunction with a relay wired in such a manner that would provide the ground output I need.<p>I posted another question about that circuit here<p>Just not sure if I need to use a diode for switch contact protection.