XM radio offer- to April 1 -

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
peter-f

Post by peter-f »

Briefly... saw a flier in the mail-- with 4 tires, Firestone is offering XM radio for _free_ until 4/1/06. - there ARE some limitations (brands & sizes?)

NO- I am not affiliated with XM or firestone... just wanted potential tinkering to get a 'leg-up' by getting the word out. I love good cheap sources... this may work for you if you're already shopping for tires. (or a relative)
JPKNHTP

Re: XM radio offer- to April 1 -

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless
jollyrgr

Post by jollyrgr »

This is like the old time razor trick. Give away the razor and get the sucker to buy the blades. (This is when you changed blades rater than throw the whole razor away.)

There is another deal if you ask for it which I MIGHT be willing to go for. Apparently disgruntled Howard Stern fans are getting this deal on Sirius so I don't see why XM can do it as well. Three dollars a month instead of the $13 per month. If the first customer service attendant won't give you the deal, hang up and try again until you find one that will. This is what I'm hearing about from the H S fans NG.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Or give away a printer and get them to buy ink cartridges

As the PAY radio market grows, you will see more of this. Eventually it may deteriorate to imitate cell phone pricing (free radio, you pay tax and sign on for 2 year contract - Now it just requires activation I think). If the satellite networks start turning a profit on subscriptions alone, recievers new and used will cost next to nothing.

So H Stern has found a way to be a pain in the side of his new employer as well, has he. Interesting tip though
JPKNHTP

Post by JPKNHTP »

-JPKNHTP
-God Bless