Inducing a signal on to Tv to display a message while wa

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
directcurrent

Re: Inducing a signal on to Tv to display a message while wa

Post by directcurrent »

Konnichi wa (hello)Bachbui. I am glad you have given some feed back to this problem. jimandy had a thought about using a VCR that super imposes an signal on the screen while watching TV, While I have been waiting for an answer from an engineering friend of my, started tearing an old VCR apart and do some experiementing with it. Right now I have one ugly mess on my work bench and not sure where it is going to end up. Let us hope one of us here can found a solution. I know that There has to be a box set up for such a thing aleady made, maybe a engineer at a TV station could help us out here, Does any one know one. Thought about calling one of the TV station and ask. What would call such a box to do this?
Greetings and Salutations to all !!!
revellady682

Post by revellady682 »

I got curious and done some searching, I turned up this http://www.cc-concepts.com/ even though it uses BOB-II you may be able to utilize the concept. look on the site for pic-tv

<small>[ March 25, 2006, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Treattacular ]</small>
Stuff happens, but why does it always happen to me??
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Thank you very much Treattacular, the sete you sent me to is great, I send them a few Em's and they are getting back with me. I well let everone know how it is going out.

God bless and many days ahead. DC
bachbui

Post by bachbui »

Thanks DC and Treattacular. We are working on designing an assisted living system in which an important component is a TV reminder. We hope to be able to display remind messages on a cable TV screen regardless of channel it is on.

One solution I am thinking about is to have cable signal fed into a settop box. The output signal is taken from composite video output of the settop box is then fed to the XBOB mixer.

Is there anyone know if it would work?

<small>[ March 26, 2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: bachbui ]</small>
philba

Post by philba »

This will work for composite base-band. Svideo could be a problem (cable into VCR, svideo from vcr to TV). I think it's hopeless for digital TV cable boxes with DVI or HDMI output.

If you can control what the users have, it might be ok.

<small>[ March 26, 2006, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: philba ]</small>
hp

Post by hp »

For svideo, all you need to do is feed the luminance signal through the xbob overlay and feed the luminance back into the svideo output. svideo just seperates the luminance + sync (black and white video ) and crominance (color information).

The same goes for component video. I belive one of the colors (green I think) has both sync + color. So if you feed that through the xbob, you will get an overlay, though it will be the color you chose to feed to the bob (green in this case).

Harrison
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

:) Hay folks, sorry for not responding to the subject, having serious problems with feet.

About the BoB-3< I tried it, it didn't do so well with th satellite connection. I took a VCR with signal induced the message on the bottom halfof the TV, try to induce my message in to it to show up. Hummm! guess I am not quick smart enough to figure it out quick yet. Need some help here.

I notice that it was in the back of the last forum note in the last nut& Volts magizine. maybe some can expand on the idea. There as to a way. Though I would try to talk to one of the eng. at a local tv station to see if he has time to talk wit me on it. If you all have any more ideas please let me Know. DC.

Note? GREAT IDEAS WHERE NOT MADE IN A DAY, SOMETIME YOU HAVE DIG. GOD BLESS EVERY ONE. :smile: DC.
bigkim100

Check this

Post by bigkim100 »

I note in the back of a EPE Mag this:

www.stv5730a.co.uk

Being from Britain, it may be only PAL...dont have time to check it out.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Thank you very much Bigkim100, it maybe what I am looking for. I read the artic. and it is for Pal or Ntsc. I am going to contact them and ask more question, I let you know what they say about it.

Question are you really from Britain?, reason I ask. Had a very good friend from there in South Carolina.

Question what is EPE Mag.

Thanks again and many of Gods Blessing to you and the days ahead. DC.

[/b]
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

EPE= Everday Practical Electronics Or Nice electronics magazine from the UK that costs way to much to subscribe to.
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Hay setec-astronomy, thank you for very much for the input info, that about the norm for me, every thing is so high cost.

I'd Like to offer a thought, that steers in my heart, If I offend any one , please forgive me. I truly hope I do not break any rules of the forum here. You folks are great people.

But when it come to getting good info on a project builds, specially when it come to assisting folk in need, Like this project. I am like a madscientist, I am always seaching for ways to build it right the first time and I enjoy communicating with people all over the world. To me, to be a sucessful engineer, you have to be open to new ideas, even if they are not your own, like NASA. I like to take SIFI in some things and turn them into some thing real that works for not only ourselves but those around us and the world. We the USA may no longer be so great in production but people like folks at NASA, here in this forum and many others make up some of the greatist mines in the world. with our desire to make what we see in our imagination into ideas of the future. Learning from each other for our needed projects. Some one say that a closed mine is an empty mine, I fear that many of our great learning mines are being chock by corprate greed. If I had a wishing dream, I dream of a number of open mined people to find things that would save our guys in war such as some device that runs ahead of the troops to distroy bombs, what is the live a robot to a life of a human or a device that would return fire to the object that shoot at it. This is my own opion.

God Bless all on this forum. DC :smile:

I welcome input on TV subject from any one
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Hello everone, I have a bit of info that have to add to this subject myself, that I have discovered. I have found that Office Depo sales a new TV set that has both TV connections and computer connections, so I bought one and found that you can super impost a computer message any where on the screen or any thing else while watching TV. The price tag for TV verse all the equipment needed to do the same is much cheaper plus you have a bigger screen tv and exrtas for people with bad hearing and sight problems. Also I found some equip. with MCM Electronics that may do this also.

God Bless everyone that read this subject and if you have any other ideas please fill free the EM me or post to this subject. DC
Bob Scott

Post by Bob Scott »

Go to ebay.com and search for "character generator". There are lots for sale there.

Bob :cool:
directcurrent

Post by directcurrent »

Hello Bob Scott, Thank you for the input, I might just do that?

God bless you days ahead. DC
jwax

Post by jwax »