microcontroller help

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
mikeb

microcontroller help

Post by mikeb »

is there any 1 with knowledge about the hc11a1p1 microcontroller chip. my question is whether this chip is every shipped withthe eeprom bit in the configuration register cleared. i recently brought 1 and the internal eeprom bit is cleared. also im using buffalo monitor to test code for this chip, which has a feature that allows you to memory modify the contents of the internal eeprom, so im trying to change the contents of the configuration register to turn on the internal 512byte eeprom. but i keep getting an error message that says rom-<p>sequence that i use to access buffalo monitors memory modify command follows;<p>mm 103F enter<p>then im prompted with <p>103F 0C < prompt for command><p>at the prompt i type in 0D THEN GET THE ERROR MESSAGE ROM- <p>this tells me that the eeprom is turned off but what i was told about this chip is its shipped with this featured always on so im wondering if the chip is defective.
THE CONFIGURATION REGISTER IS LOCATED AT $103F