WANTED: Red LEDs in hundred's quantity

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
chessman

WANTED: Red LEDs in hundred's quantity

Post by chessman »

Anybody have a large bulk quantity of red LEDs to sell? I need at least 400 of them.....please email me with any offers.<p>Thanks,
~Kyle
josmith

Re: WANTED: Red LEDs in hundred's quantity

Post by josmith »

Inside the back cover of Nuts and Volts Magazine you'll find led's $1.25/100<p>www.web-tronics.com
chessman

Post by chessman »

Thanks joesmith, I just bought 1000 of em.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

Hmmmm,, currious,, whatchya makin?
facinated by bright flashy things :roll:
chessman

Post by chessman »

*laughs*<p>It's for my senior project in school, I'm building an animated sign board. Individual LEDs appear as more work for the builder ;) , goes over well with the audience :p <p>I also do work for a DJ, and he wants a display on the inside of a jacket that he can hold open and make graphics display on it :cool:
Edd

Post by Edd »

Kyle:<p><<Individual LEDs appear as[much-much] more work for the builder >>
Initially, before any involved fabrication, check out:<p>If the illustration of the LED,s is in accordance with the actual units they will probably be older 1st generation diffused design. Lower eff/light output.
So initially you might arrange just 2 test LED’S at your design current and alternatively flash/drive them to see if your desired/required light output and contrast is adequate to your needs.
The potential subdued lighting of the inside of the DJ jacket certainly might provide adequate subdued lighting, thus contrast enhancement from ambient lighting.
Now out in the open, ambient lighting should be a critical element. Secondarily, the utilization of a painted flat black surround behind the LED’s superstructure should minumize the deterrent effect of forward reflection of unwanted ambient light.<p>
73's de Edd
[email protected]........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~~~Speed)
[email protected].......(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
chessman

Post by chessman »

Yes Edd, I am aware of the lower efficeincy and light output. The display does not need to be very bright, just enough to be visible.<p>~Kyle