Anyone looking for a unique one transistor FM receiver p

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
braincambre500

Anyone looking for a unique one transistor FM receiver p

Post by braincambre500 »

Hello all,<p>I have pictures and the complete (in detail) plans for a one transistor(MPF102)FM receiver!<p>The sensitivity, the selectivity and great audio
sound...is what you will get with this little jewel!<p>I have made it nearly one year ago...since I could not find one on the internet that provided
great quality...and since then, I still listen
to it every night. There is a special talk show
program that comes on around 12 midnight...and I
listen to it 'till the 'wee' hours of the morning. But the music channels are also divine!<p>I call it...The Radio Shack Special'...because all of the parts may be purchased their. No need
to mail order anything!<p>If you would like to see a picture of it, when you
get to my web site, just scroll down until you see the words...<p> The Radio Shack Special Project<p>
...also read what Pedro...Phillip...and Murphy had to say about their maiden journey with THEIR
own Radio Shack Special. It will give you an addive incentive...to hear what others had to say about it!<p>I surrender this little jewel to all. It has
given me such delight...it would be an injustice to keep this to myself...<p> ...and let the project begin!<p>My web site is at:<p> http://braincambre500.freeservers.com<p>I do want to thank each and everyone for taken' the time out to read my request.<p>Respectfully,<p>Patrick Cambre
bodgy

Re: Anyone looking for a unique one transistor FM receiver p

Post by bodgy »

I looked at your schematic, the RF part is similar (though not the same) as a regenerative FET receiver for VLF, maybe with the appropriate coil change yours could to. I notice you recommend etching the unused layer of copper on a DSB away. If left wouldn't this make a pretty decent ground plane connection and shielding?<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.