Basic Stamp

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
W4EMP

Basic Stamp

Post by W4EMP »

Well, I Have A Question On The Basic Stamps!!!<p>I Was Thinking About Using Basic Stamps In Some Of My New Projects...<p>I Would Say Im Very Good With Eletronics,
But, NOT Programing Of The Basic Stamps
(Or Anything Else For That Matter.)
And I Was Wanting To Know If There Are Any Good Book(s), Or Programs, Ect.., Out There That Anyone Would Say Touch More On Subject Of Programing.<p>I Have The Book "Stamp 2 Communnications And Control Projects By: Tom Petruzzellis.<p>But, To Me That Kind Of Leaves Me In The Dark About How To Set It Up Programing??...
Or Does Not Explane Every Thing In The Programs??..<p>But, It Is A Very Good Book
I Have To Say That!!!<p>So Any Help Would Be Helpfull HEHE!!!<p>Thank You
James Steffen W4EMP
bodgy

Re: Basic Stamp

Post by bodgy »

Have you looked at the stuff available for download from Parallax themselves?<p>When you say programming, do you mean writing the instructions for the Stamp or the physical programming of the device.<p>As well as 'The Stamp', there are near alterantives out there as well -such as BasicMicro - though I've fallen out with their products and website.<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
W4EMP

Post by W4EMP »

I Mean writing the instructions For It!!!<p>[ December 06, 2003: Message edited by: James Steffen ]</p>
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

In that case there is tons of stuff out there.<p>Apart from the documents from Parallax themselves, there is of course Mr Williams who sometimes posts here and his articles in N&V, there is code from Rentron - you could also look at the demo code and download the VasicMicro handbook - it is very close to Stamp Basic.<p>A search through Amazon will bring up a few books<p>The main thing is to get the Stamp programming language manual - or whatever they call it, and then get some demo code and away you go.<p>I believe the IDE that Stamp has does the actual programming via the serial port. You can write your code in any text editor, so long as the Stamp compiles it.<p>I'm sure the last time i looked Parallax had a tuition manual for download.<p>Colin
On a clear disk you can seek forever.
wd5gnr

Post by wd5gnr »

There are actually two Williams :-)<p>Have a look at http://www.wd5gnr.com/stampfaq.htm<p>Also, subscribe to the Parallax discussion groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/basicstamps -- I think that's right. Lots of great info there.