Alteranting Automotive Blinker (pic)

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
myp71

Alteranting Automotive Blinker (pic)

Post by myp71 »

Hi,<p>I know I asked this Question before But the old Question Had to do with a Led.<p>How Can when I turn on my blinkers ( Get the two lighs in the Pic red circle around them) To alternate when The blinkers are on ? <p>The outside Light is just a Parking light so I used a relay to get it to Alt But it can only do this when the parking lighs are on (only time the outside light Has power <p>Anyway I can do this when the parking lighs are off? <p>I hope your Not too confused right now. I hope I have made sense <p>[Picutre has been deleted]<p>I messed up on the Picture the blue writing doesn't mean anything<p>Thanks Ry@n<p>[ October 11, 2004: Message edited by: My-P71 ]<p>[ October 16, 2004: Message edited by: My-P71 ]</p>
Externet

Re: Alteranting Automotive Blinker (pic)

Post by Externet »

Hello Ryan.
It can be done with a relay that will be energized by the amber bulb pulsing supply wire and its normally closed contact used to turn the inner bulb off at that time.
BUT there is other considerations depending on the schematic diagram of your vehicle in order to make it wok properly.<p>IF that same filament in the amber bulb can also work steady on, not only as a blinker, a diode must be used to avoid routing power back to other circuits.
Same with the inner bulb, if works also as daylight or fog or whatever else, diodes must isolate other circuits when made to work as alternate blinker.
Extra contacts on the relay can be used for that too.<p>Then, cannot give you a schematic without knowing how your vehicle electrical works.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
myp71

Post by myp71 »

I'm interupting power to the outside light everytime the inside blinker blinks using a relay.<p>Thats the problem. I don't know where to get power for the relay only when the blinkers are on otherwise the outside lights will be on all of the time waiting for the relay to interupt power to the outside light.<p>Thanks again for the help <p>RY@N
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi.
The relay coil must be in parallel to a filament which is used ONLY as blinker.
Call that a 'master' bulb filament.<p>The power for the relay contact should be taken from the flasher module feed (call it F), which will be energized only when the turn lever is in either L or R position.
Insert a diode between that point F and the relay normally closed contact -anode to F-
Insert another diode between the existing supply line (call it L) for the slave bulb filament -anode to L-<p>In other words, the relay normally closed power contact will connect to 2 cathodes of 2 diodes : one goes to F, the other to L.
The relay common goes to slave bulb filament.
Diodes should be about >3A<p>Let me know the color of the smoke :D <p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
myp71

Post by myp71 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Let me know the color of the smoke <hr></blockquote><p> In my head or in my truck ? LOl J/k <p>I'll figure it out<p>Thanks <p>Ryan