Pay it Forward

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
chessman

Pay it Forward

Post by chessman »

Alright guys, you know what time it is. Let's all search through our scrap bins and see what we can do for each other.<p>Here's what I have up for grabs/trade:<p>1 T.I. TMS320F240PQ DSP chip w/FLASH in 132-pin BQFP package
1 T.I. TMS320F241FN DSP chip w/FLASH in 68-pin PLCC package
3 T.I. SN74ACT2229DW Dual 256 x 1 FIFO memory in 28-pin SOIC package
3 T.I. SN74ALVC7804-25DL 512 x 18 Asynch. FIFO memory in 56-pin SSOP
3 T.I. SN74ACT7802-25FN Strobed FIFO memory in 68-pin PLCC<p>Burr Brown A/D and D/A converters including:<p>DF1706E
PCM55HP
PCM1801U
PCM1601Y
PCM1804<p>I also have a couple extra TIP140 and TIP145 darlington transistors.<p>
My wish list (c'mon...I gotta get a little greedy sometimes ;) ):<p>- graphic LCD module, preferrebly with backlight :p
- transistors
- crystals
- SRAMs
- assorted resistors and caps
- LEDs
- LED displays, mainly dot-matrix<p>We're all allowed to dream, aren't we?<p>So let's all open up, and post our wish lists and surplus lists.<p>Cheers!
~Kyle
chessman

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by chessman »

Nobody wants any of these things??<p>There are SRAMs, Digital Signal Processing chips, data converters, and a bunch of other stuff i have in bulk. I can even include some adapters to change the surface mount chips to SIP.<p>~Kyle
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

sure isn't like the old days... used to be that someone would write back with bloody fingers to get ahold of good parts.. seems these days you have to offer the free shipping and a gift certificate to Home Depot to get anyone even interested?..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

Chessman,<p>I did the same thing a few months ago. This forum doesn't have much trade going on. There could be a lot of reasons. Maybe people would rather deal with a business for reliability's sake. Maybe people don't want to deal with shipping something out. There's also the problem of what's worth what.<p>If there were a trade forum, threads wouldn't be buried so quickly by other discussions (that may be the prime weakness of trying to trade here). I think Dean Huster is looking into opening one.<p>That's not to mean that it can't happen here. There've been half a dozen or more here that I've sent parts to. A few sent back some reimbursement for the shipping and the effort. A few are waiting for a surplus of their own so they can send something back. I got a cool card for my computer from someone that didn't want anything back. Too bad, he got postage plus effort ;) <p>You might also pick a hobby forum that is likely to be interested in one particular part. I mentioned the 22k 5W resistors around some tubers (no, not potatoes) and someone contacted me a couple weeks ago. Just give it time.<p>Dan
chessman

Post by chessman »

Still up for grabs everyone...
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

I think there should be a trade forum completely seperated from all other forums. I would love to trade stuff back and forth and help one another out. I'm sure there are enough people out there that would love to trade and get rid of the stuff the don't need or use.
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

there is a possibilty that we could traade our stuff online via a website called www.barterbay.com
rionredinger

Post by rionredinger »

correction it is www.barter-bay.com not as previosly stated.
russlk

Post by russlk »

I am willing to share some of my excess inventory if someone posts a need and I have it. An elderly friend gave me his stuff so I have a quart of relays and switches. I have some unmarked transistors that I only know are NPN, a chalk box full of 1n4004 diodes, some mica insulators for TO-220, etc. I have two antique 8080A chips if anyone is interested.
chessman

Post by chessman »

Just so everyone knows, all the above items that I posted are gone now.<p>Russ:<p>I don't have any relays, and I only have a few generic switches. The diodes would be useful to me too.<p>Let me know,<p>Kyle