TV Green Pict

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Julius

TV Green Pict

Post by Julius »

Why is it that you get green color interference on your tv? Is that because the green color cover more area when looking at the color constelation.<p>And also can someone give me the typical/general procedure when calibrating or aligning tv color. What happend if you set the bias or cutoff too high or too low for red, green, blue? Any theory or information would be helpful.<p> :)
Joseph

Re: TV Green Pict

Post by Joseph »

You can think of the bias as rather like a background setting. I have not ever noticed any particular damaging effects from turning those controls too high, but it does tend to wash out the picture. Also consider each to be a brightness control for its corresponding color. On the other hand, each drive adjuster could then be likened to a contrast control, but for each color as well.<p>Turning down the green bias may help your problem. I think one of the components in the green output circuit may have changed value or even its transistor has gotten a little leaky.<p>[ October 12, 2005: Message edited by: Joseph ]</p>
dacflyer

Re: TV Green Pict

Post by dacflyer »

or your tube is getting gassy...or you might even be getting carbon buildup on the gun,,
perhaps even a cathode to heater resistance..
the guns can be cleaned with a rejuvinator..