transmitter and receiver

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
catcher

transmitter and receiver

Post by catcher »

Can anyone lead me in the direction of a simple schematic of a voice transmitter and receiver which I could use to talk for a distance of about 100 ft or so. I want to put the receiver in a toy and be able to hold the transmitter at the back of a room. Thanks
Edd

Re: transmitter and receiver

Post by Edd »

catcher:
Rather than all the troubles I can see you being confronted with as well as a squelch circuit for quieting of the receiver unit…if FM. Why not get a set of the Family Radio Services spectrum Walkie Talkies that are readily available now . See:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/personal/218-219/
Available at many many stores, even pawn shops !
They will easily meet your range requirements ….unless you’re trying to inter communicate between two Conex containers (shielded !) Plus they potentially will still fulfill personal intercommunication needs in the future. A unit is small enough to go inside a robot or even a toy stuffed animal.<p>
73's de Edd
[email protected] .......(Interstellar~~~~~Warp~~~~~Speed)
[email protected]...(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)
catcher

Post by catcher »

Thanks for the idea. A robot is what the device is for. We built a simple bjt transmitter which would transmit over the lower fm radio band which worked pretty well, but I am not sure what the law is as far as how far you are allowed to transmit. That is what I originally had in mind to use but I just wasn't sure if I would get in trouble.
Donald S. Lambert

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

Or you might be able to use a baby monitor. I suppose they could operate off of batteries. Might be able to get one at a Goodwill or somesuch place. Greybie