Pilz ZASD/FFB

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
High4Volts

Pilz ZASD/FFB

Post by High4Volts »

I've been looking over the net for a Pilz relay. It's a Pilz ZASD/FFB. The only info I can find on this is at this site
PDF Spec Sheet
Also what is the Z1 and Z2 inputs for? I can't remember what this symbol is for. Is it from a timer. Thanks for any help.
Edd

Re: Pilz ZASD/FFB

Post by Edd »

HI-4-Volts:
You didn’t mention whether the unit is needed for new construction or repair use. It is a time delay relay. You were lucky to find data on the Internet on it. Your /FFB version is the right of the two units depicted and if you will zoom in on the front face plate U will see it is with out the rotary switch cluster. That /FFB version is to let you remote the switch assembly off the unit ….but just for a very short distance, and the sw unit will not be substantially AC isolated it says.
The Z1 and Z2 terms are where the remoted switch connects to. And, with only 2 connections , that tells us the 3 switch sections are in series and probably with each decade configured as BCD 4-resistor clusters vice a configuratively larger decimal arrangement.
U.S. wise, typically we would use the Z designator as being relevant to impedance, but being of German origin that could tie into an initial letter of an associated/electrically relevant German word, possibly.
Or maybe, just a random alphabetical selection.
Looking at the case size and shaping from the top and sides you might expect it to plug into our circuit breaker buss……but it is configured for the European DIN buss rail.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] .........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;)
High4Volts

Post by High4Volts »

After tearing into this relay. All that is wrong with it is the PC mount relay contacts are burned out. It's a MT (Brand?) S3 001 B113 are the only markings on it. I called Digi-Keyfor a cross reference part but they could not get it. Anyone have a source for PC mount relays? It coil has to handle 36vdc and contacts 203vac. Any idea's who manufactures this with the MT on it? :confused:
High4Volts

Post by High4Volts »

you are right on the money about the Z1, Z2 Edd This is for repair. the Z1 Z2 are to a bank of resistors for a possible run time of .1 to 9.9 seconds. Thanks for the info on the use of "Z" being the part is of German make it makes sence. Although i am very versed in AC, i have lots to learn of DC. That is why i am here! :) Electronics has always been a fascination since i was very young.