Countdown clock

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Nitro

Countdown clock

Post by Nitro »

Does anyone know of a clock or software program
which counts down from a specified date and time?
I want to be able to see at a glance how much time until I retire.
jollyrgr

Re: Countdown clock

Post by jollyrgr »

You can buy a number of event specific count down clocks for vacations, weddings, baby due dates, graduations, project deadlines, and even retirement. Go to the site:
http://www.countdowntime.com/<p>They have a number of clocks including the retirement clock. The only hitch is you must retire BEFORE 2024 or 2049. Depending on which clock style you buy the price will be about $15 (the type that expires in 2024) to $25 (the type that expires in 2049).<p>I would link you to a specific retirement clock but they have several depending on what you want to do after retirement. I have seen these in the gag gift stores (like Spencers). The Y2K clock used to be in many stores until that date rolled by.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!
russlk

Post by russlk »

It is a simple matter to subtract the present date and time from the retirement date and time. I can write a BASIC program to do that, send me an email so I can send it to you (first envelope symbol on the left, top)<p>[email protected] :roll:
L. Daniel Rosa

Post by L. Daniel Rosa »

I saw a mortality clock in an All Electronics catalog. You can try www.allelectronics.com to see if they've still got it
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

You Guys are great, Thank You All.
I think I'm going to get one of the
commercial units listed at the website listed,
and put it on my desk at work,"Snivel Service".
Thanks Again !
Joe
Donald S. Lambert

Post by Donald S. Lambert »

Hi Nitro,
Those last hours, days, weeks and months at work seemed to drag. O even had a button that I sarted to wear when it got down to less than a half year. Come on December 22. And that was in 1987. And there is life after retirement if you have several hobbies. Greybie