IC help

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
john_fl2004

IC help

Post by john_fl2004 »

Any one know is there is an IC which can generate pulses of 0.1us width. any help including where best to find information on this is greatly appreciated.
thanks
john
john
Edd

Re: IC help

Post by Edd »

You didn’t specify the end application of the utilization of that desired waveform or its power/voltage specs….but the first thing that came to my mind with that shorter P/W was utilization with its sharp/clean rise/fall times in a Time Domain Reflectometer situation.
By looking back thru my collection of circuits, this would be a simple means to get that signal….with typical 74121-2-3’s (MSMV’s) being more optimal (less touchy) at longer P/W utilizations.
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/tdr.html
After the pulse is generated it also gets tandem 5 stage power buffering following it.
Specifically use the “AC” variant of the Schmitt Hex inverter IC.
Short compact construction utilizing good HF RF wiring techniques.
Your time base cap will be in the~ 470 pf range with final exact trim in by selection of that value (or padding it up in value), or , if required, with variance of the R1(15K) value…. but optimally within 10% of that value.
My preference was for a silver mica type of cap for the time constant capacitor.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ........(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)
;) ;)