reset

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
paulrevelcet

reset

Post by paulrevelcet »

I have a project that I need to reset automatically, you push a button to start the run sequence and after a few minuets it stops and then requires you to push a button to reset it to get it ready for the next time, there is a red led that stays on during the run sequence and then goes off, is there any way I could tie into this to get my reset.
dyarker

Re: reset

Post by dyarker »

If the LED is connected thru a resistor to the positive supply, and is turned-on by a transistor or IC connecting the LED cathode to ground...<p>And...<p>If the reset button connects the reset line to ground when pressed...<p>Then one inverter (IC or transistor with 2 resistors) is needed. Inverter input connected to LED cathode. Inverter output to reset button.<p>With LED on inverter in is low, it's output is high, like unpressed button. When LED goes off inverter input goes high (thru the LED), inverter output goes low, like button pressed.<p>If that doesn't work, you may need a capacitor between inverter out and button. That makes it look like button pressed and released when LED goes off. You should add a diode on the reset line to clamp it to the positive supply.
Dale Y
ajc-28

Post by ajc-28 »

The Amperite STB Series time delay relay does exactly that. See their website www.amperite.com. Click on time delay relays, then STB Series.
ajc-28

Post by ajc-28 »

Correction on the Amperite website. Use www.amperite.com/desktopdefault.aspx
paulrevelcet

Post by paulrevelcet »

The inverter worked great, thanks for the help!!