SYNCHRONIZATION

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
JOHN GAGARIAN

SYNCHRONIZATION

Post by JOHN GAGARIAN »

Thank you all for the answers to my posting about tranfering old Super 8 film to DVD
Further question: since Super 8 syncronizes at about 18 frames per second, and video at 30 frames, how you avoid recording the inter-frame black spaces in the film, when using a camcorder ?
dacflyer

Re: SYNCHRONIZATION

Post by dacflyer »

shouldn't be a problem , at least i think not..cause you do not see this when you watch it..
only one way to know for sure,,, TRY IT :D
Dean Huster

Re: SYNCHRONIZATION

Post by Dean Huster »

The movie projector has a shutter in it and should be blocking the light from the projection lamp during the frame-to-frame shuttle, so there should be no bars on the screen that the video camera will see. This is more a problem if you're trying to record a television picture of any kind with a video camera. Then the slight difference in scan frequencies are a problem that causes the black vertical interval bars.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.