Error in oktober issue?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Error in oktober issue?

Post by dacflyer »

was looking at the whimiscal doorbell article in this months magazine, page54.
i think theres a error in fig.4
it says that it is the transmitter schematic,,,but the schematic is showing the reciever... also it talks about a U3 as a battery monitor circuit,using a LM339 , in the fotos of
Fig.3 you cannot see the U3.<p>uhhhh.....
Michael Kaudze
Site Admin

Re: Error in oktober issue?

Post by Michael Kaudze »

Hey Dacflyer,<p>You can find the Transmitter Schematic in the FTP download section under Oct 2005...<p>Thanks!
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. Stephen William Hawking.
EPA III

Post by EPA III »

Only one. That would be a record. N&V is filled with errors. I doubt that anyone on the editorial staff has any electronic or computer knowledge at all. This has been a long standing situation and I gave up trying to send in corrections. <p>I would wait for 2-3 months before ever starting a project based on one of their articles. <p>Paul A.
Paul A.
philba

Post by philba »

Well, that is a bit harsh in sentiment but there is some truth to it. And for not so little things like leaving out the BOM for a project. I'm not sure where the problem lies but it would be nice to see a mea-culpa tied to an improvement plan. I am sure its really hard to turn out a magazine like N&V. Right now, I'm not likely to renew for this and several other issues (pun intended) I have with N&V.<p>Phil