Power factor correcting capicitors?

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Dean Huster

Re: Power factor correcting capicitors?

Post by Dean Huster »

By the time I buy a new refrigerator for $850 and (if I'm lucky) sell the old one for $200, I could have spent that difference on at least 8000KWH of electricity. That 8000KWH, as consumed by the new reefer, will take a LOOOOOONG time to realize with the lower operating costs.<p>It's like the guy who bought a diesel engine in his pickup truck rather than a gasoline engine just because diesel was about 5¢ a gallon cheaper. It cost him an additional $2500 for that engine (which went onto the loan with its high interest rate). It takes several hundred thousand miles of driving at 10mpg to realize that nickel-a-gallon savings.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
dacflyer

Re: Power factor correcting capicitors?

Post by dacflyer »

well i learn something new each time here,,,<p>thanx to all who replied to my question,, i learned a great deal here,,, thanx again :D