RC reciever Help

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
John Paul

RC reciever Help

Post by John Paul »

HI, <p>I am trying to use a controller from an RC car, and I need a way to use the outputs.<p>The way it's set up is:<p>there are four wires paired into two sets; one set for each joystick, so that when you press a joystick, there is 6VDC at 50ma max between two wires and when you press it the other way the polairity is reversed. I need a way to have the same outputs but up to two amps, I will have to use another battery but how do I do this. <p>I could use a relay with diodes but I couldn't find a relay with a low enough milliamp rating execpt for reed relays but they lock up at the two amps.<p>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!<p>Thanks, John Paul.
John Paul

Re: RC reciever Help

Post by John Paul »

Or does anyone know where I can get a 6v at less than 50ma relay that could handle two or three amps at 6vdc.
Tommy volts

Post by Tommy volts »

John Paul<p>I waited a day for some of the more experienced to reply, they haven't yet so here it goes:<p>Use your reed relay to close and open a larger one. This is a cumbersome solution but it should work.
desterline

Post by desterline »

Search the web for 'H-bridge'<p>You should find pleanty of schematics on how to hook up a two transistor 'totem pole' output stage (more correctly called a 'half-bridge') <p>It can be done with regular bipolar transistors or FETs. That should get you into the 2-5 amp range without any major problems. <p>When you get in to the high current designs (10 amps and up) there are some other issues that need to be addressed (such as shoot through, and cross conduction) but at two amps you can perty much ignore them.<p>-Denny
russlk

Post by russlk »

6 volts is enuf to operate a logic level MOSFET.