Digital sign controller

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
DenC

Digital sign controller

Post by DenC »

I have recently aquired a surplus digital sign driver built by Hamilton Digital Designs, Model H-10. I unfortunatel do not have the sign that it would normally drive, but I would like to build a display for this unit. I need info on the pinout and signal protocol used by the unit. Output to the signs ( it looks like it can drive two signs) is via two 8 Pin din connectors. Numbered clockwise from the index key: Pins 1,2 4 and 7 appear to be outputs to the sign, Pin 3 appears to be a timing or syncronization signal from the sign to the controller, Pins 5,6 appear to be ground. Pin 8 is NC. Pins 1 and 2 are connected directly to the collector of their driver transistors, while pins 4 and 7 have are connected via a series resistor to their respective collectors. Pin 3 appears to feed the input of an optoisolator on the board.
Is anyone out there familiar with these units? Does anyone have any info or know where I can get info on the displays or driver units? Thanks in advance for any help.
Edd

Re: Digital sign controller

Post by Edd »

DEN...nis? :<p>Well at least you have the most electronically complex part of the system ! …and they do make some quite impressive systems for larger commercial display implementations. I sort of doubt if any one will readily have your data at hand except them. …as per the specs on interfacing/display wiring that you are wanting. You can check at the first URL below:
http://www.hddltd.com/electronic.asp
Also there is software downloading at this URL:
http://www.hddltd.com/downloads.asp
I don’t know your proximity to Burlington Ont…. their .home base.<p>Rots of Ruck
73’s de Edd
[email protected] (Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected] (Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)