Components Equivalents

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Michael-love-electronics

Components Equivalents

Post by Michael-love-electronics »

Hi,..<p>Could anyone tell me where I can find a software for the components equivalent.?
something like the one from NTE but I prefer to be general not for NTE only.<p> Thanks to everyone for help
Dean Huster

Re: Components Equivalents

Post by Dean Huster »

It's difficult to find anything that isn't specific to a manufacturer such as Motorola, NTE, ECG, etc. The closest you can find to generic stuff is the D.A.T.A. Books and software, but that's a really pricey route! And they give the data, not substitutes. I recall that Sams used to put out a book that pulled together several of the substitute company's data into one volume. It may help you out if it's still being published.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hello.
I have a few older D.A.T.A. books in a total of 70 feet long library of many manufacturers data books.
Could try to help anyone if brand and numbers are supplied.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Michael-love-electronics

Post by Michael-love-electronics »

Thanks for your reply,<p> Could tell me where I can find a software for one brand only.
i.e(motorola, national,...etc) except NTE as I have this software.<p> Thanks again for all your considerations
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Have you tried the websites for each manufacturer. Most companies (and TI, National SC and Motorola do a great job)and many have CDROM that they will send you packed with datasheets and parts lists.<p>In general the sites have component selection guides where you input parameters and it gives a list of parts.<p>For cross referencing, I have had luck by directly calling or emailing the customer support for these companies. Tell them the part you are trying to match and they will tell you if they have a device that fits.<p>Another way to cross reference parts is with distributors and catalog sales websites. Digikey and Mouser to name two will list parts from all the manufacturers they sell from. Type "Component Distributor" into a search engine for more sites.<p>[ September 09, 2004: Message edited by: haklesup ]</p>
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi Michael. By software... ¿do you mean datasheet documentation? It's mostly on-line:<p>Motorola hides with another name: Freescale
It's at http://www.freescale.com/
Click on support<p>National is here: http://www.national.com/support/<p>Texas is here: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/techdocs.tsp<p>Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
DAVID

Post by DAVID »

yes, motorola is freescale.
it is also at Onsemi main page.
in the middle of the page they have a cross-ref box. eneter your request here, and click the submit button (i think). this works for non mcu parts as freescale does those.
hope this helps.
DAVID
Enzo

Post by Enzo »

Go to the MCM Electronics website and check out stock # 81-3190 (book - 5th edition) and 83-8730 (CD - 2nd edition).<p>Could this be what you seek? I have not seen the product firsthand, I just noticed it looking for something else.