data books

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Charles

data books

Post by Charles »

does anyone know a good source of data books that show pinouts and ID of digital IC and Microprocesser chips? I know Texas Instruments used to publish one for ttl
Bob Scott

Re: data books

Post by Bob Scott »

Sure,<p>Data books have been mostly replaced by the internet. If you know TI has the data sheet, look up the part number in the parts search engine on the ti.com home page, click on the datasheet .PDF file and print it. If you don't know the maker, just using a regular search engine like dogpile.com can usually find a source.<p>Bob
-=VA7KOR=- My solar system includes Pluto.
Chris Foley

Post by Chris Foley »

Hi, Charles. Another source of data pages are the manufacturers' offerings on CD. They're much less expensive to produce than paper, cost less to ship, and still help the manufacturer toward the goal of always keeping their product within engineers' reach. They generally offer them free when they "publish" a new edition. Just look around the net at manufacturer sites, or if you have a good relationship with a distributor, ask. Newark, Allied and all the "main line" distributors usually keep boxes of them in stock.
chessman

Post by chessman »

OnSemiconductor gives out free databooks for their entire line of products. They have free shipping too!<p>www.onsemi.com
greg123

Post by greg123 »

As Bob said, the internet is the best spot. <p>If your just looking for pin-outs. here is what I did. I went to Fairchild Semiconductor and printed the first page of each in the 7400 series and put them in a binder for easy reference. <p>You can also do a google search for 7400 pin-out list.
greg123

Post by greg123 »

Check these out;<p>Site 1<p>Good Site<p>As well try all the vender sites.<p>greg