IRF part numbers

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Faulkner

IRF part numbers

Post by Faulkner »

Howdy folks,
I have a few parts which all start their part numbers with IRF... (IRF9z30, IRFr9020, etc) and was wondering if that is a manufacturer's prefix, or like the coding used for some diodes and transistors (1n... for a two-pin device, 2n... for a three pin device). Thoughts, anyone?
bobsRAC

Re: IRF part numbers

Post by bobsRAC »

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

IRF is usually a FET
russlk

Post by russlk »

a search at www.irf.com did not turn up any devices. So, if you can't figure out what they are, you might as well throw them away.
bobsRAC

Post by bobsRAC »

IRF9z30
Digikey: IRF9Z30-ND<p>HEXFET(P) -50V -18A TO-220<p>--------------------------<p>IRFr9020
Digikey: IRFR9020-ND<p>HEXFET (P) -50V -9.9A D-PAK (TO-252AA)
Dean Huster

Post by Dean Huster »

Russ, that's a little wasteful. IR will only carry the data for current-production devices on their site just as it is with most manufacturers. If I had some IRF9Z30 HEXFETs, I sure wouldn't toss them out even if they weren't currently being manufactured.<p>Problem is, IR turns their HEXFET product line over frequently. A little improvement in dissipation here, a lower "on" resistance there, and they renumber the device and hit the market with a better transistor. I've seen magazine articles that specified certain HEXFETs that ended up being replaced by other numbers within two months of the magazine publication because they turn over so fast.<p>Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

IRFZ30 Motorola
IRFZ30 ON Semiconductor
IRFZ30 Samsung Semi
IRFZ30 International Rectifier
DenC

Post by DenC »

Try the Ic Master web site: http://www.icmaster.com/