RF Generator

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Alan87I

RF Generator

Post by Alan87I »

I'm looking for a fr generator like a BK 2040, or any thing that will be of good use for aligning CB and 10 meter radio receivers . Thanks Allan
Dean Huster

Re: RF Generator

Post by Dean Huster »

Hi, Allan,<p>My most favorite all-time HF RF generator is the Hewlett-Packard 606A and 606B. It's a tube-era generator, but rock solid with a high-purity signal. They can usually be found for a song on ebay. Now, this isn't a sweeper, so if you're looking for one of those, you'll have to search deeper. The Hewlett-Packard 675A (solid state from the 1970s) was a nice HF sweeper, but they're rare as hens' teeth to find. IF you want newer, the Hewlett-Packard 8640B is a very nice synthesized generator, but they're still a little high on the used market.<p>
Dean
Dean Huster, Electronics Curmudgeon
Contributing Editor emeritus, "Q & A", of the former "Poptronics" magazine (formerly "Popular Electronics" and "Electronics Now" magazines).

R.I.P.
Alan87I

Re: RF Generator

Post by Alan87I »

Thanks Dean .
I don't really need a sweeper , Just somthing solid like you mentioned , I Do CB repair as a side line while self studying electronics Both are a hobby Basicly What I earn from repairs and sales goes towards aquiring better equipment. I have an old heath kit tube generator , That thing drifts so much that I watch it close just in case it walks off the bench. I'll keep an Eye open for those HP models you mentioned. I have one here for SHF 7 to 11 Gig. It's rock solid for sure but I have no real use for it at this time .
Allan