Computer Photo Organizers

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
jwax

Computer Photo Organizers

Post by jwax »

Has anyone had success with USB "PhotoSticks" that portend to allow finding, sorting, and organizing photos on a computer?
I'd like software to help eliminate duplicates, and allow me to sort photos by date, time, or maybe even subject.
Most of what I've researched are simple memory devices, with limited ability to organize.
Any suggestions?
WA2RBA
haklesup

Re: Computer Photo Organizers

Post by haklesup »

I'm not familiar with the photo sticks but it seems like one would need the power of a large computer on the cloud to do the kind of image recognition and sorting you crave. I think some cloud storage like facebook might do this. I expect its coming to PC but still will need a decent processor to do it efficiently.

Duplicate finders often only look at file names which can be useful if you download backups often and to multiple folders with overlapping contents or have more than one cloud backup configured.

I just want an app that asks me to name a photo right after I take it using voice recognition so they aren't all named with some number code.