Help finding a replacement led display

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Help finding a replacement led display

Post by dacflyer »

I been using Adafruit led displays for a while, mostly the "Adafruit 7-Segment Backpack - 1.2" Tall Digits"
the red is still available, but the Yellow and Green ones are discontinued. I can still get the bare boards with the I2C driver on them.
If i could find a source for the displays, that were a drop in, I'd be set.. Problem is i haven't had much luck to find the displays
They have to be somewhat common.
These 4 digit leds have the pins on the sides of the display, rather than the top or bottom..
Anyone have a source ?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1268

I need more displays, I built me another GPS clock.. it turned out better than i thought it would,, yellow display.
haklesup

Re: Help finding a replacement led display

Post by haklesup »

I suspect Adafruit is not making those modules for the same reason you can't find the LED displays. There are other lower power displays now, you may need to substitute unless you can find some on Alibaba or something.
dacflyer

Re: Help finding a replacement led display

Post by dacflyer »

Trying to find using the OEM number, but i am sure there are many other substitutes. I'm just not good at finding them..