I'm Starving here....

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Re: I'm Starving here....

Post by dacflyer »

I'm always trying to learn things..
I wish there was night classes to learn code.. I am not one for learning things online well, i like to have hands on training..
and to be able to ask questions along the way..
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

There are many ways to learn code online without a formal class you have to pay for. Online support forums exist in many places for just about every programming situation where people are eager to lend a hand to someone learning the trade. Pick a platform and then seek out the forums and resources it has associated. Formal classes may not even focus on the practical matter of setting up a dev system and compiling working code, many focus on the language particulars and code structures that are used to make more complex programs.

What kind of programming do you want to get into: Mobile apps, Windows apps, Apple stuff, hardware/firmware, any favored languages? etc.

The forums are where you will find your mentors, you just need to put in the time to sort out where to go and how to ask. N&V forum is too general, just search on "developer forum" and you will see them. Developers I work with refer to them frequently when something unfamiliar pops up or a bug is hard to fix.

Prior post reply: you might be led to think everything is made in China but I sell Test fixtures for PCBs, bed of nails type of things and I still have plenty of USA customers partly because I can't meet a local Chinese fixture price. Companies are in fact designing and manufacturing electronic devices in USE but generally not very high volume consumer products that are cost minimized. Typically a product will be made at a contract manufacturer in US and once the volume increases, they will shop CM all over the world for a good match. Companies like Flextronics have a global footprint and may build products across a range of locations for example.
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

well as for a platform i am interested in, is mainly Arduino based..
I have interest in mostly measuring,,,, meters etc.. and clocks.
I do know there is a ton of libraries for premade code and such, but i just don't know how to compile it all together, and
remote learning just doesn't work for me.. i can take code and upload it to the Uc. but the code itself is my downfall.