Print Issues

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
Pius

Print Issues

Post by Pius »

:D <t>I subscribe to two magazines. On is SERVO and the other is Scientific American. For reasons that are hard for me to understand the postal service is getting a bit iffy where I live. Also I have noticed that there are less and less print magazines on subjects I am interested in. What I am pondering now is to switch to digital editions. You get an issue super fast and ON the day they publish which is great!! I personally find it difficult to read on a computer screen and I like the feel of a magazine or a book in my hand. However the trend is obvious and I would rather have it in some form than none at all. Time will tell !!</t>
mpgmike

Re: Print Issues

Post by mpgmike »

I don't take electronics (like a laptop) into the bathroom, so this old fogie still likes print.
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Printing from an ink jet or color laser might cost nearly as much as the print edition in supplies to make your own especially if you consider the cost of the printer in addition to toner and paper.

There are lots of options for E reading. Blue light filters in settings or in screen protestors can help a lot as well as using the highest resolution screen you can use (not hard with android tablets or any IPS display) and setting the optimal brightness and font size can help. If you wear readers, then you may want to adjust the mag to best fit your reading distance.

I don't read many magazines anymore but I do read a lot of email and web pages and its often about ambient lighting when I get eye strain. It takes getting used to but I see a lot of people doing it.

There are other advantages to online magazines like access to back issues and searchable test and no pile of paper on a shelf you think you want to read again but never do.
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Some print, like our local newspaper, has value.
It is in constant demand for eating crabs and wrapping fish😄
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)