Source for 25 Watt Amp

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
ljbeng

Source for 25 Watt Amp

Post by ljbeng »

I need to amplify the output of a MP3 player, one channel, to 25 Watts. I need a single chip, 12V supply, readily available. Any suggestions? I have looked at the audio amplifier chips from Phillips. Are these easy to get in small (<25) quantities? Thanks.
Edd

Re: Source for 25 Watt Amp

Post by Edd »

Within the design criteria limitation of only 12volts Vcc , its hard to take away from the
utilization of the 2 Philips units below, utilizing absolute minumal off chip discrete components.<p>http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/a ... _CNV_2.pdf
Or the :
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/a ... 1564_4.pdf
……not being sure of your needs of a combined 12+12W or separate 25W’s.
However, with either of them gobbling up some amps at that higher power level, if they happen to be portable battery pack powered.<p>73's de Edd
[email protected] ....……..(Interstellar~~~~Warp~~~Speed)
[email protected]..........(Firewalled-Spam*Cookies*Crumbs)<p> ;) ;)
Externet

Post by Externet »

Hi ljbeng
Canibalize an autoradio and pull the output IC or saw off the PCB holding it and its heat sink.
Or, strip the whole autoradio from the cassette mechanism and use more of the circuitry, like tone controls and volume.
If you cannot find a quantity-1 integrated stereo amplifier, ask at any stereo/VCR repair shop (if still exist) for their local parts store. For shure they sell many types.
Miguel
- Abolish the deciBel ! -
Mike

Post by Mike »

There is an 80W 12V amp made by phillips, I'll need to see if I can get the link.<p>How bout an opa549 running in single supply mode? It will run off of 12VDC
toejam

Post by toejam »

what is the impedance of the speaker system you are intending to drive?
ljbeng

Post by ljbeng »

The speaker is an 8 ohm, 150Watt, Horn type speaker/driver made by Selenium (sp).