suzuki igniter

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
toejam

suzuki igniter

Post by toejam »

Hi I have an old carolina wetbike with a suzuki engine. It has no spark.I'm pretty sure the ignitor unit has failed.I ohmed out the two coils involved in the circut and they appear normal as well as the two spark coils.The system uses two coils sitting piggyback with the pole pieces in alignment with one another.One is about three times as big as the other.The ignitor unit has three wires going to it one to each coil and one to the spark coil along with a ground.The flywheel has four magnets about three inches long spaced equally around it's perimeter. These seem ok.These magnets also share the alternator coil.Anyone know how these systems work?
dacflyer

Re: suzuki igniter

Post by dacflyer »

do you mean the ignitor circuit is a electronic ignition ? or is it using breaker points?
if useing electronic ignition then more likely the modual is bad,, is it so expensive to replace?<p>also does the unit use any battery or is it self made power? ( magneeto )?