Page 1 of 1

jack Question

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 pm
by Lenp
I have a Pyle portable amplifier in for service, with a couple of the front panerl 1/4" jacks broken.
They are 1/4" TRS (Stereo) jacks, but they have two isolated switches. They have 7 terminals, Sw1, Sw2, T, R, S and it is board with a threaded barrel.
The jack body measures 27mm long. 17.5 mm wide, 13mm high. The part marking is "ZHE JIANG" "CIAN ZHAN", and that has been of no value.

There are tons of TRS switched jacks but I haven't found any with the two isolated switches and so far, Pyle has been of no assistance.
It looks like it could be made of pure unobtainum (:!)

Any clues to a source?

Re: jack Question

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:00 pm
by dyarker

That shows block without jacks. Scroll up to page 81 for start of 1/4" jacks.

0.173" more in use now.

I searched at Digikey for "1/4" jacks". Open frame may not be style want. Check page 80 for jack schematics.

Re: jack Question

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm
by haklesup
This is the only one I found. ... ageSize=25

I assume 3 are for the audio and also 2 N.C switches. The one above looks like maybe 1 N.O SPST switch and one SPDT

you can also consider building a circuit to make up for the function by replacing the contacts with a low power relay and using a 6.35mm jack with one switch to operate the coil.

Re: jack Question

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:33 am
by Lenp
Thanks all, the jack has been found at ... amps-88-99
The picture is out of proportion but the measurements in the specs are almost the same as the OEM jack. It seems that Fender also uses this jack on some amps, and the only difference is that this replacement jack has 2-SPDT switches and the OEM has 2 SPST N/C switches. The OEM jack's plastic body has the slots for the other contacts but they are vacant so I'll just clip off the unneeded contacts on the replacement jack.
I don't have a drawing of the unit, so why the switch is needed is unknown.