Odd Commercial Products.........

This is the place for any magazine-related discussions that don't fit in any of the column discussion boards below.
dacflyer

Re: Odd Commercial Products.........

Post by dacflyer »

them sandals almost looked like the sandals were keeping the House Arrest Device charged up as you walk...lol
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Continuing with the Toaster theme.....
Catapult Toaster
This toaster is part of Ivo Vos's ‘Brunch' collection. It's a toast catapult, or trebuchet. One cool feature is that it lets you calibrate the force and angle of your toast's trajectory. Presumably so that you can have a plate all set up in the right place. It's one of many prototypes for kitchen equipment from the Dutch designer.
I can see CeaSar playing with this all morning. :lol:
OR
Roller Toaster
Designed by Jaren Goh of Singapore, and winner of the 2006 Red Dot Award, the ROLLERtoaster is pretty self explanatory: stick bread in one side, and watch it get rolled into toast by the compact little unit.
I can see this for someone in a micro-apartment, or house. :lol:

Signed: Janitor Tzap
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

dacflyer wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 am them sandals almost looked like the sandals were keeping the House Arrest Device charged up as you walk...lol

Here's the Video on a Battery Charger designed to fit in your existing shoes: https://youtu.be/W-yabLJ4OVI
Note: There are dozens of designs out there, including High Tech Military and Industrial grade boots.Image Here's their site: http://www.solepowertech.com/#solepower

Signed Janitor tzap
CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Janitor Tzap wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:01 pm
I can see CeaSar playing with this all morning.
How'd you know I was a Wallace and Gromit fan???

:D .:D
Hey, what do I know?
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Don't know if this is such a good idea.......
Pancake Maker Conveyor Belt for your Home Kitchen
The best part about this machine is that it’s all automated.
Pour in the fat free batter and hit the button and out come the hotcakes.
If you had one of these and were selling pancakes, they’d sell like hotcakes.
The Chefstack Pancake Maker can be yours if you have $3500 lying around.
For those who want a better way to twirl spaghetti on to a fork.
The Battery Operated Twirling Spaghetti Fork
Twirling is a better way to eat spaghetti and the motorized fork
automatically winds up the pasta on the end of the fork.
You can purchase it from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HX ... onexplo-20

Now a different way too listen to audio......
Sountina NSA-PF1
Described as a "column of music" that radiated audio in every direction, the PF1 was covered in leather and cost $10,000.
What was the point to this?
Rolly
Who could forget the Rolly? Perhaps the most bizarre product Sony has ever made, this egg-shaped device was a digital music player that rolled around and flashed in sync to the audio. It was a confusing concept, and the $400 MSRP didn't help.

Lenp

Post by Lenp »

About that pancake maker...
Holiday Inn Express has them in all the ones we've stayed. It works well and makes pretty good pancakes. The batter is bagged, the pancake drops onto a heated conveyor baking one side then flips over at the end to do the other side on another conveyor . Their units have no control panel, just push a button and three come out with about 2 minutes until the first one shows up, then the rest are right behind. It is a big hit, and not just with the kids! :smile:
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

Lenp wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:41 pm About that pancake maker...
Holiday Inn Express has them in all the ones we've stayed. It works well and makes pretty good pancakes. The batter is bagged, the pancake drops onto a heated conveyor baking one side then flips over at the end to do the other side on another conveyor . Their units have no control panel, just push a button and three come out with about 2 minutes until the first one shows up, then the rest are right behind. It is a big hit, and not just with the kids! :smile:
Hmmmm..........

Yeah, I can see this being a big hit at Hospitals, Break Rooms, Hotels, Arcades, Churches, the local VFW. :D
But, unless you have a Large family, I can't see wanting to have one. :razz:

Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Well, I think it might be too slow for a pancake eating contest! :grin:
Len

Lenp

Post by Lenp »

No pictures to post but I remember the wide array of TV antennas, set top and outdoor years ago. They went from a bare rod to a load of bed springs, with switches, 'tuning knobs' and whatever, including aluminum foil flags, all in the quest of the Holy Grail of TV viewing. In spite of all the technology, there was never any consensus of opinion about the best design, so rarely did you see two of a kind, except in the store. Today, with digital TV, the antenna hucksters are back on the street with 'FREE TV' deals....

Also, I remember a mechanical channel changer. No not Zenith Space Command ultrasonic metal bar plucker . This was a long flexible cable, like a speedometer cable that went from a box attached somehow to the TV tuner to a hand held box with a big knob. Channel change was all it did, but it had a way of grinding off the tuner shaft like a pencil sharpener!
Len

CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Janitor Tzap wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:26 pm Don't know if this is such a good idea.......
Pancake Maker Conveyor Belt for your Home Kitchen
The best part about this machine is that it’s all automated.
Pour in the fat free batter and hit the button and out come the hotcakes.
If you had one of these and were selling pancakes, they’d sell like hotcakes.
The Chefstack Pancake Maker can be yours if you have $3500 lying around.

That reminds me of a book I loved to read back when I was but a wee young whippersnapper. ;) Some of you may know it, or maybe I was one of those weird kids who read all the older stuff that was left from all the previous generations. It was the adventures of Homer Price. The Wikipedia here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_Price shows the one I remember best, with the story about the donut maker that wouldn't shut off until it ran out of dough. (Speaking of donuts, our local fire company is.known for its donuts and today was fastnacht day. I'm on a diet! WAAHHH!) If you've read the story, you can see why the connection was made.

CeaSaR

Mmmmm, donuts...
Hey, what do I know?
Lenp

Post by Lenp »

Fastnacht loosly translated is ''fast-not''.
Today it's the donut, tomorrow the hole.
Our local VFD is known best for bingo and blocking traffic :shock:
Len

Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

CeaSaR wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:37 pm That reminds me of a book I loved to read back when I was but a wee young whippersnapper. ;) Some of you may know it, or maybe I was one of those weird kids who read all the older stuff that was left from all the previous generations. It was the adventures of Homer Price. The Wikipedia here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_Price shows the one I remember best, with the story about the donut maker that wouldn't shut off until it ran out of dough. (Speaking of donuts, our local fire company is.known for its donuts and today was fastnacht day. I'm on a diet! WAAHHH!) If you've read the story, you can see why the connection was made.

CeaSaR

Mmmmm, donuts...
Yeah, I remember reading that one Homer Price story.
{I think I was still in my teen's.} :lol:

Well, LENT is currently on this month, and the local Catholic Church is having their "All You Can Eat Fish Fry".
For those who can't eat fish, they serve meatless Spaghetti. :smile:

CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

More Toaster fun. This one seems to be targeted towards today's social media crowd.
http://wtfgadgets.com/the-selfie-custom-toaster
Hey, what do I know?
Janitor Tzap

Post by Janitor Tzap »

CeaSaR wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 pm More Toaster fun. This one seems to be targeted towards today's social media crowd.
http://wtfgadgets.com/the-selfie-custom-toaster
Go back to the 1st page, I already posted about this toaster. :roll:
Lenp wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am No pictures to post but I remember the wide array of TV antennas, set top and outdoor years ago. They went from a bare rod to a load of bed springs, with switches, 'tuning knobs' and whatever, including aluminum foil flags, all in the quest of the Holy Grail of TV viewing. In spite of all the technology, there was never any consensus of opinion about the best design, so rarely did you see two of a kind, except in the store. Today, with digital TV, the antenna hucksters are back on the street with 'FREE TV' deals....
This is as weird that I can find in a indoor antenna.
I also found this old 1959 ad.
Lenp wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:20 am Also, I remember a mechanical channel changer. No not Zenith Space Command ultrasonic metal bar plucker . This was a long flexible cable, like a speedometer cable that went from a box attached somehow to the TV tuner to a hand held box with a big knob. Channel change was all it did, but it had a way of grinding off the tuner shaft like a pencil sharpener!
Yeah, you had mentioned it earlier on the 2nd page. :P

CeaSaR

Post by CeaSaR »

Heck, I even scrolled back through the pages to see if that was posted. Must have scrolled past it before the image loaded.

"Sometimers Syndrome"
That condition which tends to become more pronounced as age progresses, where the afflicted repeats things, many times more frequently the older or more excited they become.

"Sometimers Syndrome"

:razz: :smile: :mrgreen:

CeaSaR
Hey, what do I know?